Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My First Girl Crush

I think this was still sophomore year, it sounds like a sophomore year kinda story. So I was at a party, (i know, what else is new right? And no, this might come as a shocker, but I didn't do anything productive or honorable with my free time, like work, or volunteer at soup kitchens) my one friend Suzie and I were drunk and went to the bathroom. Out of nowhere, she looks at me and says, "I have never kissed a girl, will you make out with me so I know what it's like?" This was a completely new and different situation for me. Suzie was very attractive. She had a really nice body, and a funny personality. I guess she asked me because she knew I had kissed Nicole a bunch of times and that I really didn't think this was a big deal. A kiss is a kiss after all. So we kissed. It was short and sweet, with a little tongue action. That was that. We didn't tell anyone. We didn't do it to impress anyone. Later, I told Judy about what happened and that I might have a crush on Suzie. None of our friends were gay or bisexual. So Judy was both shocked and appalled by my confession. Her facial expression was one I will never forget. Her eyes got really wide and she looked scared, like I might start looking at her in a different way or something. People don't seem to understand that just because you have a crush on one person, regardless of what sex they are, you are not looking at every other person sexually. Especially, if it is someone you have been very close friends with for a long time. I would never think of Judy like that. I told Judy that I thought i was "curiously bisexual". Who uses the phrase "curiously bisexual" when they are 16? Apparently I do. I guess i watched too much TV or something. I told Judy to forget I said anything, but of course that didn't happen. She would frequently make fun of me for my crush on Suzie. Nothing ever happened with Suzie again, but I now realized that I did not limit myself on who I found attractive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment